Wow....It's hard to believe that the year is already 1/12 over, and that we are more then 1/3 of the way through the race season!!!! It feels like we have just gotten started.
A few reminders:
• Don't forget to visit the volunteer's page on the website and sign up to help with your child races! We can't run the races without a full race crew.
• Friday training is a great addition to the program if you can make it. Just remember to e-mail Nikki with as much notice as possible so that the team can make sure they are prepared for the numbers If your child is participating in Friday training they are required to ride the chair lift independently.
• Also, due to the fact that the racers "cycle" through the course, it is the responsibility of the child to stop at the bottom of the runs to get feedback from the coaches on hand. The coaches do not ski with the kids nor do they "chase" them to provide feedback.
This Week's Races:
• U14 Comets - Saturday
• U10 Saturday Groups - Saturday @ 1pm
• U10 2-Day and Sunday Groups - Sunday at 10am
Bring your cowbells and cheer our racers on!
Ladies Day is just over two weeks away and is shaping up to be our best Ladies Day yet!! We have record numbers attending this year and are down to only a handful of tickets left. If you would like a ticket please contact Steph ASAP. Ladies Day is a great way to meet other like-minded Jozo Mums. There are some new and exciting games and activities happening this year. Friday gate training is available for your racers provided they can ride the chairlift by themselves. To book Friday gate training contact Nikki as early as you can. We are providing lunchtime supervision for kids at the Inn. If you have any prizes/gifts/items/tickets you would like to donate to Ladies Day we are happy to acknowledge all of our generous donors. Come and join us on Friday February 17th to Paint the Village Red!!
A Family Day après ski cocktail party will take place on the Sunday of Family Day weekend in The Inn from approx 2:30 to 5:00pm. Stay tuned for more details, but please plan to bring the whole family for a little Club après.
Olympic Gold Medalist - Coming to Speak with Jozo Coaches, Racers, and Families!
Among many very impressive achievements, Mark McCoy won Olympic Gold in the 110 meter hurdles at the 1992 Barcelona Games. He has since gone on to become “… a recognized expert in empowering and training others in how to have a mindset of champion and apply it to get breakthrough results everywhere in life, including in health & fitness, and in building winning teams and support structures.”
Mark will be coming to Blue to speak to the entire Jozo Weider Alpine Race Team and Ski Club on the Saturday of Family Day weekend.
Follow these links to learn more about Mark and his high performance training.
|Men's Day||February 10 2017|
|Ladies Day||February 17 2017|
|Family Day Event (TBD)||February 20 2017|
|Club Championships & Banquet & Awards||March 4 - 5 2017|
The Banquet for the two day U12’s, U14’s, U16’s & U19’s is on the evening of March 4th, after Club Championships There are a few racers who have not purchased tickets. Please remember that that all racers and parents who wish to attend the Banquet will require a ticket.
Should you wish to purchase tickets, please download the Membership and Banquet form, complete and email Laura Skain & Karen Gigliotti at [email protected] with an email transfer for the amount. Please note that the early bird pricing has ended.